Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Taste just like skor bars. These are great and very addictive.
Make and share this Mock Skor Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat ove to 350. Line a 13 x9 inch pan with Parchment paper for easy clean up. Arrange crackers evenly in pan.
- In saucepan over medium heat melt butter. Stir in brown sugar until melted and smooth. Bring mixture to a boil stirring constantly until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Boil for 2 minutes and then pour mixture evenly over cracker.
- Bake in oven for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle chocolate pieces evenly over caramel mixture. Return to oven just long enough for chocolate to melt. Spread chocolate evenly with spatula.
- Place pan in refrigerator or freezer until chocolate is firm. Cut or break into pieces.
- Cooking time is cooling time.
Good idea but the cooking directions are not quite right. I consider my bars a flop because they are way to sugary. I expected them to be more like toffee. The Ghiradelli chocolate chips (used more than 1 cup), do taste good. Still, I will probably throw them out. I will try to perfect this recipe to my desired texture without adding and wasting the chocolate chips.
These were good. They are definitely better if kept in the refrigerator. Mine became soft if kept at room temperature.
This is GREAT!! I used Ritz crackers this time....and I have also used Saltines in the past. YUM!! I also used Ghiardelli choco chips.