Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Taste just like skor bars. These are great and very addictive.
Make and share this Mock Skor Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat ove to 350. Line a 13 x9 inch pan with Parchment paper for easy clean up. Arrange crackers evenly in pan.
- In saucepan over medium heat melt butter. Stir in brown sugar until melted and smooth. Bring mixture to a boil stirring constantly until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Boil for 2 minutes and then pour mixture evenly over cracker.
- Bake in oven for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle chocolate pieces evenly over caramel mixture. Return to oven just long enough for chocolate to melt. Spread chocolate evenly with spatula.
- Place pan in refrigerator or freezer until chocolate is firm. Cut or break into pieces.
- Cooking time is cooling time.
Good idea but the cooking directions are not quite right. I consider my bars a flop because they are way to sugary. I expected them to be more like toffee. The Ghiradelli chocolate chips (used more than 1 cup), do taste good. Still, I will probably throw them out. I will try to perfect this recipe to my desired texture without adding and wasting the chocolate chips.
It's a simple recipe. And it's flexible. You can use salted or unsalted butter depending on how you want the caramel to taste, i prefer salted, and i even use salted crackers. I top it off with a sweeter chocolate chaved or chips depending what i am in the mood for (and how much work i feel like putting into it lol).
These were good. They are definitely better if kept in the refrigerator. Mine became soft if kept at room temperature.