Recipe by Sharon123
This was given to me by a chef at the Cohutta Srings Conference Center in Georgia. I haven't made it yet, but he told me everybody loves it(and he serves hundreds of people!).
Top Review by Dawn
This was so good. I used turkey bacon and it added enough smokey flavor to keep the dish from being over cheesy. This would be a great dish to share with others, because it makes a great appetizer. It was hard for a family of four to eat all of it, it was so rich.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter (for pan)
- 1⁄4 cup fine breadcrumbs, lightly toasted
- 1⁄4 cup finely grated sharp cheddar cheese (for bottom layer)
- 6 ounces stripples imitation bacon (or use real bacon)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cream cheese, room temperature (3-8 oz. pkgs.)
- 3⁄4 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons seeded and finely chopped jalapeno peppers
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 clove garlic, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325*.
- Butter 9 inch springform pan (If you don't have one, just use a pie pan or a quiche pan).
- Mix breadcrumbs and the 1/4 cup cheddar.
- Sprinkle mixture into pan, turning to coat.
- Dice the stripples (or bacon), mix with remaining ingredients in blender or processor until smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Set pan on baking sheet.
- Bake 1 1/4 hrs.
- Turn oven off and cool cheesecake about 1 hour with door ajar.
- Transfer cheese cake to rack.
- Remove sides of pan.
- Cool cheesecake to room temperature before serving.
- Makes 40-60 appetizer servings.