Recipe by Chef Joey Z.
Pasta is my passion, though I'm not a fan of dairy products, so this is perfect for my needs. I got this recipe from the Epicurious website.
For the filling
- 1 (16 ounce) package extra firm tofu (drained)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 vegan parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup steamed vegetables (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag jumbo pasta shells
- 1 (25 ounce) jar tomato sauce (of your choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350'F.
- Put enough water in a large pot to cook the whole box of pasta shells. Generously salt the water.
- Once the water boils, add the shells and cook according to the the package directions. Drain and let cool.
- Remove any excess water from the tofu by pressing it with kitchen towels.
- Crumble the tofu in a large bowl. Add olive oil, vegan parmesan, herbs and garlic salt. Mix well.
- Add chopped veggies if you used them. Add the pepper. Fill the shells with the mixture and place in as baking dish. Cover the shells with sauce. Sprinkle with a little more Vegan Parmesan if desired.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Bon Appetit!