Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A very tasty, healthy alternative to "real" rice pudding recipe.
- 1 cup cooked rice (which ever kind you like)
- 6 ounces yogurt (I use vanilla low fat)
- 1 teaspoon artificial sweetener (optional, I use splenda)
- 1 dash cinnamon (optional)
- Cook rice according to directions.
- Remove from heat.
- Add flavored yogurt, sweetner and spice (if using) to rice and stir.
- May be eaten warm or chilled.
- Any flavor of yogurt would be good in this recipe, but vanilla tastes most like real rice pudding.
- Chopped nuts and/or raisins would also be good sprinkled on top if you are not watching calories.
- Cooking time depends on type of rice used, regular takes longer than instant, I have based cooking time on instant.
Boy was this good!!! I made it with black sticky rice and home made almond milk vanilla yoghurt. Also I added some dried papayas and cranberries and sweetened with rice syrup. Actually I've never eaten a rice pudding before which I liked that much! Thanks for posting!! Made for Healthy Choices ABC.