Recipe by Recipe Baroness
This is another one of my medieval recipes! But don't be scared off it homemade ravioli's and Oh so good. I found it in the Forme of Curye recipe book. Made with pre made Wanton wraps found in the groceries store, and cheese, it can become a family affair making them with the kids and then all can have fun eating them.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 4 cups grated havarti cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon saffron thread
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 eggs
- 50 wonton wrappers
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 3 tablespoons grated havarti cheese
- ground ceylon cinnamon
- ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until it becomes pale yellow.
- Add grated cheese and mix until it is thoroughly incorporated.
- steap saffron in the warm water.
- Add one egg and the saffron water and beat well.
- Brush the edges of each wonton wrapper with beaten egg and spoon a little of the cheese filling into the center.
- Fold over and seal the edges well.
- Repeat until all filling and wrappers have been used.
- Cook the raviolis in small batches in rapidly boiling water for 2-3 minutes.
- Toss with melted butter and.
- grated Havarti.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and ginger.