Recipe by Chabear01
This is a recipe my DH's daughter gave me, it is one her late mother used to make alot, and that her Father loved. I am posting it here so as not to lose it, which is a problem I seem to keep having with this one I lay it down in my Big Red Book and darned if when I want it, it hasn't gotten up and moved itself to one of my other books. Although this looks complicated to make most of the preparation is opening cans so don't be afraid to use this and be sure to remember it is great family get together food too. Can be made ahead and frozen also for one of those OAMC meals.
Top Review by SashasMommy
This was a little too dry, we thought. Next time I will make less noodles so there is more sauce. That will also make for a smaller casserole, which is good since I'm only feeding two.
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) jars sliced mushrooms
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, Crushed
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) packagebutterfly noodles
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 (8 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onions, garlic and beef. Add remaining ingredients and simmer.
- Cook noodles as directed and drain. Add chopped spinach that has been drained, bread crumbs, grated cheese and eggs to noodles.
- Pour Sauce over noodle mixture and mix together and put into casserole dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 to 1 1/2 hours and serve.