Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another use for those unripe or end of season green tomatoes. It really does taste like raspberry jam! I got this recipe from Southern Living.
- Combine tomatoes and sugar in a large saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add Jello, and stir until it dissolves.
- Pour mixture into airtight containers.
- Store in refrigerator up to 1 week, or freeze up to 6 months.
This is the only kind of jam my kids have ever eaten. One hint...if you add a package of unsweetened kool-aid it adds flavor and color both. Also you can use strawberry flavored jell-o and kool-aid. I seal it in jars so I can always have some on hand year round.
Very good, made a hour ago and am eating it before it really sets. I think I could serve this over ice cream also.Thank you