Jeri Roth Lande's Note:
This is a vegetarian version of chicken pot pie. Easy to make comfort food. I looked at lots of recipes and then experimented to get it right. You can substitute seitan instead of Quorn and it will be more like beef pot pie. You could probably use soy milk to make it vegan, but I haven't tried that.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (approximate)
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons instant minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) package Quorn tenders
- 2 cups water
- 0.5 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (or more as needed to thicken)
For biscuit topping
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
- 2Heat sufficient olive oil to cover the bottom of a large pot. Saute onions and mushrooms for 5 minute Add garlic and thyme, stir briefly, and then add celery.
- 3Stir in soy sauce and quorn.
- 4Add water and frozen vegetables and bring to a boil.
- 5Mix cornstarch with a small amount of liquid from the pot and then stir into filling. Add more if necessary to thicken sauce.
- 6Pour filling into 10 in square casserole.
- 7Prepare biscuit dough-.
- 8Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- 9Cut in butter or margarine.
- 10Add 1 cup milk and stir briefly.
- 11Spread dough over the top of the filling. It does not have to reach all the way to the edges.
- 12Bake at 400 for 25 min or until biscuit top is slightly browned.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mock Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 522.8
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 8.5 mg
- Sodium 1021.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 13.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: