Recipe by UnknownChef86
I haven't grown any zucchini since I got this recipe, but have been dying to find out how well this works...I would think this would best done with those huge, monster zucchinis that seem to sprout up when your back is turned...Zucchinizilla, if you will. If anyone is game to try this, please let me know how it turned out. Cooking time is process time for canner after it has attained 10 pounds pressure. Yield is an estimate.
- 6 cups unsweetened pineapple juice (reconstituted from frozen)
- 1 gallon zucchini, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups lemon juice
- food coloring (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Note: Read your pressure cooker's manual before first use.
- Combine pineapple juice, zucchini, sugar, and lemon juice in a non-reactive (not aluminum or cast-iron) pot.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
- If desired, add a few drops of food coloring.
- Hot-pack in sterilized pint jars, carefully wipe off the edges of the jar and attach seal.
- Process in a pressure cooker at 10 pounds pressure for 30 minutes.
- After cooker has depressurized, remove jars to a wire rack and let sit, undisturbed, for 24 hours.