Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Low in calories, creamy (even with nonfat milk), alcohol-free, kid-friendly, and nutritious. This was inspired by Heather Sullivan's Strawberry Julius #24088. Can be made vegan using soy milk or even tofu
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pineapple (fresh or canned I suggest freezing it)
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 cup water (or more)
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 drop rum extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coconut extract
- ice cube
- Place everything except water and ice cubes in blender and process.
- Add a little ice cubes and water at a time to desired consistency.
- Serve cold.
- No hangovers!
This was a great pick-me-up after my run. I froze the pineapple before bed last night and then didn't need any ice cubes to get it to the consistency I wanted. I didn't have any rum extract and that didn't bother me at all. I think I might use this as a fast dessert for myself. It is not quite as much as I like when I have a smoothie, but would make a fabulous dessert. And it is 3 weight watchers points incase anyone else is tracking!
Wow! Great drink. I added a half of frozen bannana to it. Very good, but the drink is much better if you just stick to the recipe as is.
This is one of the best pina coladas I have ever tried.It was easy to make and very refreshing