Prep 24 hrs
Cook 15 mins
Maybe one of the only recipes I've seen that calls for chicken livers.
- 1⁄2 lb chicken liver, trimmed
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons onion juice
- In a small saucepan, cover chicken livers with water to cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat immediately and simmer about 15 minutes. Add salt and simmer another 5 minutes until tender.
- Cool to room temperature in the stock.
- Place cooked chicken livers, butter, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, nutmeg, cloves, cayenne pepper, and onion juice into the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade. Process, adding enough of the reserved cooking stock to make a smooth paste. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Scrape into a greased crock and cover with plastic wrap, letting the wrap touch the surface of the pate. Refrigerate at least 24 hours before serving. Chicken liver pate may be stored under refrigeration up to 4 weeks.