Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
A quick mock moussaka - casserole!.. Yummy serve with a green salad.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (5 ounce) packageboxed scalloped potatoes
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Brown ground beef and onion together.
- Stir in tomato sauce, salt, oregano, cinnamon, pepper and garlic powder.
- In saucepan, combine seasoned sauce mix from scalloped potatoes, milk, water and butter.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and cool 2-3 minutes.
- Gradually stir sauce into eggs.
- Spread half of the potato slices in greased 9x13 pan.
- Spread with half of the beef mixture and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Pour sauce over top and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake uncovered 1 hour.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
My family raved about this recipe. It is good, filling, CHEAP, and easy to make. This is going to become a regular dinner time meal for us. Loved it Liisa!