I love love love the Mc Griddle, but no recipe even came close! The secret apparently is Maple Syrup crystals which can be made using Maple Syrup Crystals or using this recipe. I cannot take credit for the pancake recipe - its my favorite Pancakes
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Maple syrup crystals
- 1⁄4 cup maple sugar (king arthur sells this)
- 1⁄4 cup water (approx)
- maple flavoring (optional)
- 1 1⁄4 cups Egg Beaters egg substitute (or 5 beaten eggs)
- 15 slices bacon (or 5 sausage patties or whatever meat desired)
- 5 slices cheddar cheese
- Put small amount of sugar on plate.
- Add one drop of water (or flavoring), and roll sugar into a tiny, less then pea sized ball. Repeat until you have about 6-8 balls per pancake, depending on what you desire.
- fry bacon and leave to drain on paper towels.
- Take egg beaters and make 5 small egg patties in one of two ways : A -Use a coffee mug and cook 1/4 cup beaters in microwave until set or stove top using a small pancake form, set aside.
- Beat egg until fluffy.
- Add milk and melted butter.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Heat griddle until a drop of water sizzles and dances.
- pour 1/5 - 1/4 cup batter into skillet (think coffee mug sized) and press crystals into the top of the batter.
- cook until bubbly and turn. You should get 10 small pancakes.
- When done, arrange as follows:.
- Pancake, egg, 3 slices bacon, 1 piece cheese, pancake to make 5 sandwhiches.
- Cook on griddle until cheese is melted.
I have never had these at McDonald's but they were good. I made sausage patties and I used raw sugar for the maple crystals, served a little syrup on the side.
Oh My Goodness. You have made the worlds happiest 8 yr old ever. This is his favorite thing but A. I don't own Mcdonalds so I can't afford him eating it that often and B its WAY better for him if we make them at home. I am going to make a bunch up and freeze them. Thanks for adding the maple crystal link ( very important according to my 8 yr old LOL)
My kids absolutly loved this. Who need mcDonalds. We like sausage, so we made ours with sausage patties and there wasn't a drop left. I am thinking of making a bunch of these up to freeze for school days. i will let y ou all know how that goes. Thanks Michelle.