Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
I found this recipe in a specials' flier from Publix supermarket. It's delicious! You can also substitute a bag of mixed cauliflower/broccoli for a tasty variation.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen cauliflower
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Place cauliflower in microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover and microwave on HIGH 8 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and microwave 3-4 more minutes until tender.
- Process in food processor (or use hand blender) until smooth (about 30 seconds).
YUM! I made this using a 12 oz bag of frozen garlic flavored cauliflower which I think only enhanced the taste. My potato masher only diced up the cauliflower and didnt actually mash it but that wasnt a problem. My 7 yr old ate them with no issue. Thanks for a great recipe!
I followed the recipe until Step 4; here, I served the cauliflower whole, without mashing or processing. It came out fantastic and saucy! I also used a mixture of cheddar and pepper jack, which gave the cauliflower dish a nice light kick. I will be making this easy and tasty dish again!
Awesome, Thank you ! used plain yogurt instead of sour cream and also added a dash of nutmeg :)