Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made this last night for a potluck at the home of a low-carbing friend. I think it's pretty tasty, but what wouldn't taste good with an entire stick of butter and a full cup of sour cream?
- 2 heads cauliflower
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened or melted
- 1 cup sour cream (room temp is best if you plan to serve this immediately)
- salt & pepper (I use seasoned salt & no pepper)
- Steam cauliflower thoroughly, until falling-apart soft.
- Drain in a colander, and cut away the stalk.
- Return to pan, add butter and mash until smooth.
- Add sour cream and seasonings, and stir well.
Wow, I didn't think I would like this but liked the idea of it so I made 1 head for the family to try (would have been pleanty for 4 of us). DH didn't like it at all but both kids loved it (9 & 6) and so did I. I used low fat sour cream and a butter substitute (Olivio, I think) I served it with Quick and Low-Cal Grilled Bistro Chicken Quick and Low-Cal Grilled Bistro Chicken and steamed green beans. A meal I highly recomend. Thank you so much for posting this. I'll be making this again and again.
I have recently become very addicted to this dish of yours but I LOVE it with cheese and bacon bits are a good addition too! Thanks for sharing.
I steamed the cauliflower for 15 minutes and then put it in the stand mixer to whip it up. It had a yucky texture, so I think if I steamed the cauliflower longer it would be very good.