Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a wonderful low carb dish, and it is also a great way to eat cauliflower. Those who aren't a fan of cauliflower may love this dish!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- onion flakes (optional)
- shredded cheese (optional)
- Boil the cauliflower until it is very tender (about 15 minutes) drain and place into a mixing bowl add salt, pepper, butter, and any other spice to taste and begin mixing with a mixer add whipping cream slowly as you are mixing (be careful not to add too much!) Place the mixture into a Pyrex dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- If you want, you can sprinkle some shredded cheese on the top before baking, some extra butter, or a bit of paprika for color.
years ago i was on the "Think Thin" diet and they had a recipe similiar to this and haven't been able to find it. This recipe tastes identical to it! Thanks so much for posting! It was GREAT!!!
This recipe is great. My husband and I are on the atkins so it fit perfectly. I added green onions, sour cream, and 2 oz cream cheese. I did not add whipping cream. I saw a similar recipe and used that one. It turned out great. My 1 year old daughter loved them!
This turned out well - I hadn't thought to use a mixer to mash it. A little bland, but no more so than most mashed potatoes. A keeper.