Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great substitute for the real thing if you are on a low carb diet like Atkins. Good way to get your veggies too,even if you don't like cauliflower.
- 2 cups cauliflower, finely chopped fresh or frozen works great
- 1 tablespoon real sour cream, more to your taste
- 1 tablespoon butter (not margarine)
- pepper or any other of your favorite seasoning, to taste
- Steam or microwave cauliflower until Very soft.
- Put cauliflower in blender or food processor with butter and sour cream.
- Process or blend until creamy like mashed potatoes.
- Add seasonings to taste and serve immediately.
- Grated cheese or minced chives make a nice topping.
I boiled my cauliflower in chicken broth til very soft , drained the broth and added remaining ingredients plus chopped chives. I used an old fashioned potato masher. I placed mixture in casserole dish, topped with cheddar cheese and baked til melted. UMMMMMMMMMMM.
While I'm not on any type of diet, this still made a wonderful side dish!!! I tripled the recipe and glad I did because it disappeard. I seasoned it with salt, pepper and garlic powder. This is a different way to prepare cauliflower...we loved it! Thanks for sharing. :-)
Well I'll be!! What a delightful little surprise this dish was. It is so nice to have a new way to prepare cauliflower. Very creamy and quite tasty! Thanks for this great recipe :)