Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is perfect for children & adults....or the perfect base for the real thing. Just add a cup of tequila before freezing!!!
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 6 cups crushed ice
- lime wedge
- coarse salt
- 1 (1 liter) bottle club soda, chilled
- Thaw lemonade& limeade but do not dilute.
- Process the first 4 ingredients in batches in blender& pour each batch into a 4 liter jug.
- Place into a freezer until mixture becomes firm.
- Remove from freezer 30 minutes before serving.
- Rub rim of glass with lime wedge; place salt in a saucer& dip the glass rim into the salt.
- Add club soda to the lemon/lime mixture, stirring until it becomes slushy.
- Pour into prepared glasses.
This is a great recipe. I mixed it up the night before and froze. Then I took it to work for a mexican theme lunch we were having. Everybody loved that they were having margaritas at work (without the alcohol). This is a keeper!
This was wonderful! This was served to about 10 women at a La Leche League meeting (they help moms and babies nurse - and thus the reason we needed a "mock" margarita!) and EVRYONE loved it - I should have doubled the recipe because it was almost gone before the meal was even served! I had 4 people ask me for the recipe! Thanks!
This is excellent. I put it together in the morning and we had it for our before dinner drink and we both really enjoyed. Of course, we added the real thing, Tequila, before freezing. Wonderful.