Recipe by morgainegeiser
This quick, healthy and simple way to make a manicotti type recipe using lasagna noodles. Taken from an old "Taste of Home" magazine.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Gotta admit that I changed a few things here, but the end result was GREAT! I used about 2/3 of the spinach listed, but only 'cause I'm not a big fan of spinach, & chopped it up even more! That done, I followed the directions & had a very nice manicotti meal, topped with some homemade sauce I had in the freezer! VERY, VERY NICE, & thanks for posting your recipe! [Made & reviewed while in Italy during World Tour 4]
- 3 cups fat-free cottage cheese, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the cottage cheese, spinach, cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Spread 1/2 cup of cottage cheese mixture over each noodle, roll up jelly-roll style. Place seam side down in an 11 X 7 X 2 inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Uncover, drizzle with spaghetti sauce if desired. Bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through.