Recipe by Lalaloob
This came from the Yankee Main Dish Cookbook and as decribed: "Marvelous way to make the relatively inexpensive haddock into something much fancier. It works!"
Top Review by Lucky Chef
This was a good recipe and I will make it again but I did not really think it is something I would serve company. I did substitute tilapia and it tasted good it was just missing something.
- 2 lbs haddock fillets
- 1 cup canned cream of shrimp soup (or frozen and thawed)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced onion
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs or 3⁄4 cup crushed Ritz cracker
Directions See How It's Made
- PLACE fish in greased 2 quart casserole.
- SPRINKLE with salt.
- MIX soup with sherry or lemon juice.
- POUR over fish.
- BAKE uncovered for 20 minutes at 375 degrees.
- While baking, SAUTE onion and garlic in butter.
- REMOVE from heat and add Worcestershire sauce.
- Then BLEND with crumbs.
- SPRINKLE crumb mixture over fish and bake 10 minutes more.
- This is quite a nice dish to bring to a gathering.