Recipe by juliecat72
This is a delicious recipe using imitation crabmeat.
Top Review by SadiDentata
I omitted the curry powder and subbed chili powder instead. Easy to make and very filling! I covered the top in garlic and herb breadcrumbs and it was an awesome comfort food casserole. Will definitely make it again. Would also like to try it subbing chicken for the "lobster." Overall a very good recipe.
- 1 (8 ounce) package imitation crabmeat or 1 (8 ounce) package lobster meat, chopped
- 2 broccoli florets, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1⁄3 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup dried breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut up and steam broccoli over medium-high heat.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter or margarine in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion, cook until translucent (about 3 minutes).
- Stir in flour, curry powder, salt, and then slowly stir in the milk, stirring continuously until thickened.
- stir lemon juice and crabmeat into skillet, let simmer.
- Spray a medium sized glass baking dish with non-stick spray before spreading the cooked broccoli over the entire bottom of the dish. Sprinkle with cheddar.
- Pour sauce over broccoli.
- Microwave the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter (in a microwave safe dish) until just melted and mix in dried bread crumbs (I like to food process the dried bread).
- Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over the sauce.
- Bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.