Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
The poor man's lobster! This really does taste like lobster! Enjoy. Sometimes you can find Cod steaks that are thick and about the size of a average lobster tail.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs cod (fresh or previously frozen)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons vinegar (white distilled)
- Cut the cod into 2x2-inch pieces; place in non-stick skillet.
- Barely cover with water; sprinkle salt and paprika over fish and bring to a quick boil.
- Reduce heat and place on a low simmer for about 10 minutes (depending on thickness of fish) uncovered.
- Drain out hot liquid and cover with cold water, add vinegar bring to quick boil again.
- Again reduce it to a low simmer and let cook uncovered about 10 minutes.
- Drain and serve immediately with drawn butter and fresh lemon juice.