Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an easier version of lasagna. There is a possibility it is already on file, since I was having problems with my keyboard.
- 2 cups shell macaroni
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup pasta sauce with mushrooms
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 slices processed mozzarella cheese
- Cook macaroni in salted water until tender, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Brown hamburger, adding onions part way. Drain off fat and add garlic, tomatoes and spaghetti sauce. Simmer for 20 minutes, or until onions are tender.
- Grease a 10 cup casserole and layer as follows: 1/2 of pasta, 1/2 of sauce, 1/2 of sour cream, half of cheddar cheese. Repeat. Top with mozarella slices. Cover and bake at 350F for 45 minutes. Remove cover and bake until cheese is browned.
- Note:Can be made ahead and chilled. Add 30 minutes to cooking time.
- As a variation, add thinly sliced green pepper or canned kernel corn on top of each layer of pasta.