Cook1 hr 25 mins
Skinless chicken legs turned into a tasty rice dish, on leaf lettuce with mushrooms and cherry tomatoes.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 -7 skinless chicken drumsticks
- 1 teaspoon dried sage, rubbed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 500 ml chicken broth, divided
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) canchunky Italian-style tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup brown basmati rice
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning, more if you wish (optional)
- 1⁄2 red leaf lettuce
- 8 large white mushrooms, sliced thick
- 12 cherry tomatoes or 12 grape tomatoes
- Place chicken in a large bowl, sprinkle with sage and salt and pepper, rub over all. Heat oil in nonstick large frypan; add chicken and brown on all sides, about 10 minutes. Add one half of the chicken broth, bring to simmer, cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes, 'til meat starts to fall off the bone. Without removing chicken from pan, scrape meat off bone; discard bones. Add Onion slices, mix and add the other half of the chicken broth and the can of tomatoes; add Cajun Seasoning if using. Add the rice and stir to mix. Cover and simmer lightly for about 45 minutes until rice is tender.
- Line 4 plates with lettuce, decorate one side with sliced mushrooms and cherry tomatoes. Grind sea salt and fresh pepper over mushrooms and cherry tomatoes.Spoon hot chicken jambalaya mixture on top of lettuce on the other side.
I don't understand how you can callthis MOCK chicken, when you are in fact using chicken!!!