Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
"Mock Tender Steak/Roast" is usually anything but tender. This recipe will make it melt in your mouth! Any type of canned tomatoes will do, just break them up into small pieces.
- 2 -3 lbs mock tender steak
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄4 ounces Lipton Onion Soup Mix, dry
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 large bay leaf
- Trim away all outer fat from steaks and place in crock pot.
- Blend together tomatoes, garlic and spices.
- Dump on top of meat in crock pot. Throw in bay leaf.
- Add just enough water to cover the meat.
- Stir a bit to blend in water.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
Easy and tasty. I had some chuck steaks that I picked up on sale at the grocery store and had almost all of the ingredients. I used tomato soup and fresh tomatoes, had no bay leaf or celery salt or parsley but it came out just great.