Recipe by BIG_CHIEF
"Mock Tender Steak/Roast" is usually anything but tender. This recipe will make it melt in your mouth! Any type of canned tomatoes will do, just break them up into small pieces.
Top Review by Kathleen S.
Easy and tasty. I had some chuck steaks that I picked up on sale at the grocery store and had almost all of the ingredients. I used tomato soup and fresh tomatoes, had no bay leaf or celery salt or parsley but it came out just great.
- 2 -3 lbs mock tender steak
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄4 ounces Lipton Onion Soup Mix, dry
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 large bay leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim away all outer fat from steaks and place in crock pot.
- Blend together tomatoes, garlic and spices.
- Dump on top of meat in crock pot. Throw in bay leaf.
- Add just enough water to cover the meat.
- Stir a bit to blend in water.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.