Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a simple way to have hollandaise sauce for your eggs benidict! Time is not exact, so be sure to watch carefully! Enjoy!
- 1 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- In small saucepan with wire whisk beat all ingredients until smooth.
- Stirring constantly , cook over medium-low heat until thick (do not boil).
- Serve over vegetables or fish.
I love this recipe. I only added about l/4 cup no fat dairy creamer to thin it out a little. I use for coleslaw and potato salad (in which, I add about l teaspoon lemon rind and l/2 teaspoon lite sugar).
I've made a variation of this quite often- omitting the egg whites and adding some capers, garlic salt, celery seeds, salt, and pepper. Very tasty on anything.