Recipe by Margi
Quick and delicious sauce to fancy up a simple dish.
Top Review by Chef DonJames
I've been making real Hollandaise for years now and this comes very close to taste and consistency. A very fast way to make it!! I would alter this a bit with a dash of cayenne pepper and up the butter to 2 or 2 1/2 T butter (lower the milk to 1/3 cup). Very good!
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add flour and cook for 1 min.
- while stirring with a whisk or fork.
- Remove from heat.
- Add milk.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Beat in the egg yolk and cook for 1 min.
- Stir in the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Serve over scrambled eggs, cooked asparagus, broccoli or spinach.