Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is similar to one in my Better Homes cookbook. It's a lower fat version (feel free to use regular versions of ingredients) a great little sauce to dress up any thing. I am submitting so that I can add this to my online cookbook. I hope you enjoy it too
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 4 ounces fat free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- skim milk
- Whisk mayo, sour cream, mustard and lemon juice together over low heat until hot.
- Add milk a little at a time if needed to reach desired consistency.
- Start to finish approx 10 min!
Great substitution for Hollandaise on those lazy or health-conscious mornings! I used nonfat yogurt instead of sour cream and omitted the skim milk since the consistency was fine without it ... still came out tasty, and it was so quick to prepare. It's of course not the same as the real thing, but still dressed up my mock eggs benedict perfectly! Thanks for sharing such a brilliant idea :)
This is not as good as real hollandaise, but a much healthier and tasty alternative. I will continue to restrict my consumption of the "real" thing to about once a year and use this as an alternative the rest of the time. Thanks for posting this -it is just what I was looking for today.