Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have not tried this recipe, but it is unusual enough for me to post and try soon. I found it surfing a website for community cookbooks.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1⁄2 lb hot dog, chopped into very small pieces
- 1 cup cracker crumb
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Add all glaze ingredients together until well mixed.
- Mix all loaf ingredients together until well mixed.
- Add 1/2 glaze to meat.
- Grease a 10x4x3 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Place loaf mixture in pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Spread glaze over loaf.
- Bake 15 minutes more.
This is EXACT recipe I have from my Mom! She made it when we were growing up- we all preferred it to 'real' ham loaf!! Sooo delicious; it's sweet and savory! I'm so glad to find this recipe on here; thanks for sharing!!