Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a ligher alternative to the favorite guacamole. Still has the good flavor of avocado, but gets more volume from the green peas. Try it if you're interested in a good healthy substitution. Cook time includes chilling.
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄3 cup light sour cream
- 1 ripe avocado, mashed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- raw vegetables or baked corn tortilla chips
- Place peas and water in a saucepan; cook for about 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain; place peas in a food processor.
- Add sour cream, avocado, lemon juice, garlic, cumin and hot pepper sauce; cover and process until smooth.
- Stir in tomato and onion.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Serve with vegetables or tortilla chips.
Thanks for posting... You have saved me from having to do it! I have used this recipe out of an old TOH issue for years, except this version calls for more avocado. I love saving on calories and not sacrificing taste. This is surprisingly good considering it is mostly PEAS!