Recipe by mandabears
These are good, but not really the same as Thin Mints, but in a pinch they work. Thought this was an interesting recipe on its own.
Top Review by hjroan
An easier way to do this recipe is to buy low sodium Ritz crackers (so there isn't so much salt) and Andes mint chocolate pieces--you can find these where you'd find chocolate chips. Melt the chips in a glass bowl in the microwave and stir until all pieces are melted. Dip the crackers in, place on parchment paper (I spray with a little Pam) and you have cookies that I think are BETTER than the favorite girl scout version.
- 1 lb chocolate-flavored candy coating (I use Plymouth Pantry that I buy at Wal-Mart or Wilton Candy Melts)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening (I use Crisco)
- 3 drops peppermint oil (I use Lorann Oils that I buyat Wal-Mart)
- 65 Ritz crackers
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chocolate coating.
- I melt mine in a large bowl in the microwave.
- Stir in the peppermint oil and the shortening.
- Dip Ritz crackers in chocolate cover completely.
- Place coated crackerers on waxed paper and let sit until chocolate is hard.
- Store in air tight container.