These are good, but not really the same as Thin Mints, but in a pinch they work. Thought this was an interesting recipe on its own.
- 1 lb chocolate-flavored candy coating (I use Plymouth Pantry that I buy at Wal-Mart or Wilton Candy Melts)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening (I use Crisco)
- 3 drops peppermint oil (I use Lorann Oils that I buyat Wal-Mart)
- 65 Ritz crackers
- Melt chocolate coating.
- I melt mine in a large bowl in the microwave.
- Stir in the peppermint oil and the shortening.
- Dip Ritz crackers in chocolate cover completely.
- Place coated crackerers on waxed paper and let sit until chocolate is hard.
- Store in air tight container.