Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Who doesn't love O-R-E-O? From an local bank whose employees put together a cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup marshmallow cream (more if desired)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream 1/2 cup butter and 1 cup sugar til fluffy.
- Add 1 tsp vanilla.
- Beat in egg.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Drop by well rounded tablespoon onto cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake about 8 minutes.
- Cool or racks.
- For filling mix all ingredients together until smooth.
- Spread on flat side of cookie and top with another cookie.
These don't taste like Oreos, but we didn't care a bit! They are really good! The cookies are so soft and moist and the filling is perfectly sweet! Will definately be making these again! I think these would be great with a peanut butter filling too!
Great for an after-school or bedtime snack with milk, although these cookies aren't really much like Oreos. The cookie is soft and rounded, not flat and grainy like an oreo cookie. They travel and freeze well. I usually just skip the filling. The cookies do have a smooth surface texture that makes it easy to spread icing, peanut butter, berry preserves, ...