Recipe by AnnMarie
This is a lovely and easy make ahead dessert. Especially good for summer...no need to turn on the oven!
- graham cracker (left whole)
- 1 package vanilla pudding mix
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (about)
- 1 teaspoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 7x11 inch pan with graham crackers.
- Cook pudding mix as per pkg.
- directions, but using only 2 1/2 cups of milk.
- Pour pudding carefully over graham crackers.
- Whip cream, and spread over cooled pudding.
- Cover with an additional layer of graham crackers.
- Add hot water to icing sugar and mix to a silken consistency.
- Spread quickly over graham crackers (this is only enough to make a very thin layer of glaze. I usually make 1 1/2 to 2 times the amount) Melt butter with chocolate chips.
- Drizzle over icing--I like to pipe straight lines of melted chocolate across the width of the pan, about 1/2 inch apart.
- Then, drag a knife through the lines up and down the length of the pan, about 1/2 apart.
- Makes a fancier"french pastry" presentation.
- Refrigerate overnight.