Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
At current filet prices, a mock version might be welcome! I haven't tried these yet, but the recipe comes from a Taste of Home Ground Beef collection.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 cups cooked long grain white rice
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a bowl mix together beef, rice, onion, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Shape into 6 round patties.
- Wrap a bacon strip around each patty and fasten with a wooden toothpick.
- Put patties in an ungreased shallow baking dish.
- Bake 20 minutes or to your desired degree of doneness.
Really a very good recipe~I had some leftover rice & it came together very quickly. I didn't expect it to taste as good as it did. I will be keeping the recipe and making again.
A little trashy and sinful, but I'll be making it again. I subsituted fresh, chopped garlic for the powder and threw in some bread crumbs for good measure. It ended up being a little more "meat-loafy," but still delicious. I can feel a heart-attack coming on. Thanks! ;)
We made this exactly as written, and there wasn't a crumb left! Great recipe, fast, easy and delicious.