Recipe by Salt Lake Meal Swapping
Top Review by rucrappingmypants
I think it is a great little change! The bacon made it very tasty. I did however use ground turkey and turkey bacon since I don't eat red meat. I added fresh chopped spinach , sauteed red onions, 1 tsp of dry white wine and real garlic. I would make it again.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all but bacon. Mix well with your hands. Shape into six patties. Wrap a bacon strip around each. Place on a baking sheet and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Place in freezer just until patties are frozen. Place patties in gallon freezer bag. Label and freeze.
- To Serve: Thaw. Wrap a strip of bacon around the outside edges of each round patty. Fasten with a wooden toothpick. Place on an ungreased shallow baking dish and bake 450°F for 20 minutes or to desired doneness.
- I will also wrap potatoes in foil to go with this meal (baked potatoes).