1/1 Photo of Mock Filet Mignon
Flavor-packed beef patties are wrapped in bacon to give them an expensive look. They are served with a rich red wine sauce to give that pricey steak taste at a less expensive cost. Source: Woman's World
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 slices bacon, cut in half lengthwise
- 8 ounces mushrooms, finely chopped, about 2 cups
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 4 slices French bread (1/2 inches thick)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup red wine or 1/3 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1In skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until just beginning to brown, 3-4 minutes. Drain on paper towel; reserve.
- 2Remove and reserve all but 1 t drippings from pan. Add mushrooms; cook until liquid evaporates, 6-8 minutes.
- 3Add 2 t garlic; cook 1 minute.
- 4Transfer mushrooms to bowl; cool 10 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 6Combine butter and remaining garlic; brush over both sides of bread. Place on baking sheet. Bake until golden, 4-5 minutes.
- 7In bowl with mushrooms, mix in beef, Worcestershire sauce, egg yolk and salt just until combined; shape into 4 patties.
- 8Wrap reserved bacon around patties; secure with toothpicks.
- 9Sprinkle with pepper.
- 10In same pan, heat 1 T reserved bacon fat and add the patties. Cook, turning once, 5-6 minutes per side until no longer pink inside.
- 11Remove from pan; discard all but 2 T drippings.
- 12Add wine, mustard and rosemary. Cook, stirring, until thickened, about 30 seconds. Remove toothpicks.
- 13Serve the sauce with the beef patties.
- 14You can top the bread with the beef patties or you could just eat the garlic bread on the side.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mock Filet Mignon
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 576.7
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 143.5 mg
- Sodium 1194.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 31.4 g