Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Who doesn't love these rich, chocolate-hazelnut balls? Crunchy bits of hazelnut wafer and buttery ground nuts are bound with Nutella and wrapped around a whole hazelnut for a decadent gift you can make any day.
- 350 g hazelnut wafer biscuits, crushed
- 100 g ground hazelnuts
- 75 g ground almonds
- 50 g rice flour
- 500 g nutella (about 1 2/3 cups)
- 60 hazelnuts
- 500 g dark chocolate, melted
- 2 tablespoons Frangelico (optional)
- Combine the crushed wafers, ground nuts, rice flour and Nutella in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Form a small ball of this dough mixture around each whole hazelnut. Place on a lined cookie sheet.
- Freeze 1 hour.
- Melt chocolate in a bowl set over barely simmering water. Stir in Frangelico.
- Dip frozen balls into melted chocolate and allow to harden on wax paper-lined sheets. .
These are very tasty. I had issues with the melted chocolate but think mine was way too dark since the recipe didn't specify. When I added the Frangelico the chocolate seized up terribly and I had to add coconut oil to smooth it out, but then it didn't harden on the balls unless I put them in the fridge. I would try these again with dark chocolate chips instead of a dark chocolate baking bar. Oh, I also used chocolate wafer cookies because I couldn't find hazelnut. They still tasted great.
OMG! These are to die for! I did not have rice flour and just omitted it, don't know what am I missing. Made with dark and white chocolate, still testing which ones we like more... mmm... maybe I'll just have to have another one, again. Just to be sure.