Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I clipped this recipe out of the paper recently. I have never tried it, but will kept it in case I have a guest with an allergy to eggs. It looks rich and creamy. (Serving size is an estimate)
- 2 quarts cold milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- additional nutmeg, optional
- In a mixing bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low for 2 minutes.
- Beat in the sugar, nutmeg, vanilla and salt, if desired.
- In another mixing bowl, beat cream until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir into pudding mixture.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Sprinkle with additional nutmeg if desired.