Prep 1 min
Cook 4 mins
This is a good low-fat substitute for that high-fat Dijonnaise. While this is mostly fat it has about 75 calories as opposed to 200-300 that most comparable Dijonnaise have.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared horseradish (optional)
- Place the cornstarch in a small saucepan, whisk in the cold water, and set the pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil. Boil for 1 to 2 minutes or until the mixture is clear. Remove from the heat and transfer to a small bowl.
- Whisk in the olive oil, vinegar, yogurt, mustard, and horseradish. Store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
wow. It worked!! excellent dressing, it certainly did not taste low fat. Put it over Recipe #83774