Recipe by gulf-gal
My family would be disappointed if I didn't serve this for Easter brunch, but it's great anytime on any fresh fruit. Add more or less brown sugar and sour cream to taste.
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash, hull and half strawberries.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form.
- Add remaining ingredients and continue beating for about 1 minute. Cream should be thick but not stiff.
- Taste and adjust sour cream and brown sugar.
- Serve strawberries in an attractive bowl with the cream on the side in a seperate bowl, allowing guests to serve themselves.