Recipe by ajena's kitchen
I found this recipe on post-gazette.com. Contributed by Jerry Interval "The Pride of Potlucks" June 28, 2001. We use the basic recipe and method, but substitute fat-free ranch dressing and splenda sweetened pickle relish for the mayo and mustard. No cholesterol means we can enjoy these alot more often :)
Top Review by MelissaO'
yum! I can't believe how convincing these were (and practically fat free!). My DH didn't believe me after he tried one (then I told him what it was) that he had to try another (or it was an excuse because they were good)!
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 dozen egg white, boiled, peeled and sliced in half (discard yolks)
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free salad dressing (Miracle Whip or other brand) or 1⁄4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery salt
- paprika (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In an 8-non-stick skillet; pour in Egg Beaters.
- Cook over low heat just until set, or about 10 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and cool completely.
- Chop and place in a medium bowl.
- Add rest of the ingredients, except cooked egg whites, to the Egg Beater mixture.
- Blend with a fork. (At this point you can process for a second or two in a food processor to make it smooth).
- Using a small spoon, fill the hard-boiled egg whites with the Egg Beater mixture.
- Sprinkle paprika on top of the eggs and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Makes: 24 mock deviled eggs.
- To boil an egg- Place uncooked eggs in a small saucepan, and cover with water.
- Once water begins to boil, cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Cool eggs in cold water, and peel.