Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a delicious and easy way to serve "Cabbage Rolls" without the hassle.
Make and share this Mock Crock Pot Cabbage Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 5 cups coleslaw mix, shredded or 5 cups cabbage, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 dash red chili pepper (to taste)
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes, plain or 14 ounces Rotel Tomatoes
- 8 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 2 -3 cups white rice, at serving
- Brown ground beef until no longer pink, drain.
- Add diced onions; cook until tender.
- Place in the crock pot.
- Add other ingredients, except rice, and combine well.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- * I prefer to serve over rice.
- * Crock pot or stove top works; adjust cooking time accordingly.
I've never had a cabbage roll so I can't compare but we really enjoyed this. I used rotel but I've only seen them in 10oz cans so I used one can and diced 3 fresh tomatoes to make up the difference. I had 16oz tomato sauce so dumped it all in. I did add more Italian seasoning but next time I'd add 1 tbls and more chili pepper but that's just pers. pref. Instead of water I used 1 cup ck broth knowing that I would cook this on low for 6 hours and that it would switch to "keep warm" mode for 4 more hours until I got home. This along with the additional tomato sauce kept my dinner very moist. I had some leftovers for lunch and will freeze the other servings. Served over white rice. Thanks for a great crockpot recipe!
This was very good. I cut the recipe in half, which was not hard to do at all for 2 people. It was way easy and there was leftovers. I added the instant brown rice at the last 30 minutes. Also, added garlic powder and used del monte diced tomatoes with chiles.
This was easy to make and I followed the recipe exactly as written. I was the only one that liked this. I topped mine with some provolone cheese and enjoyed it like that. Everyone else didn't care for this.