Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great filling or topping for cakes and pies. Use wherever whipped cream is used in desserts. This recipe is based on the version from an old 'Commonsense Cookery Book"
- 2 tablespoons pure butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 drops vanilla essence (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and beat until thick like whipped cream.
- If the mixture curdles, continue to beat until smooth- it will come good again!
Sounds fabulous! I'm vegan, so I'll use vegan sugar as well as vegan butter in place of the pure butter. I'm sure it'll work well. Thanks for sharing this recipe with us.
super easy. i put it in lamingtons with jam and held its shape beautifully. sooo easy
Super fast and easy recipe and just perfect because it was not far too sweet as I often find with mock cream recipes. Used double recipe to decorate butterflied banana cupcakes for DD's class. I'll be using this recipe again and again especially in our northern hot summers. Thanks **Jubes**