Recipe by CarrolJ
I found a version of this recipe at Mr. Food. I changed a few ingredients to match my family's tastes. This recipe was originally meant to be used with Salmon, but any mild tasting fish thick enough to make the pocket for the crabmeat will work. I love Salmon and my DH doesn't. I will probably put his on some Mahi Mahi he purchased.
- 1⁄2 lb imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 1⁄2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 6 (6 ounce) fish fillets
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking oil.In a bowl, combine all ingredients except the fish fillets; then mix well and set aside.
- Cut a slit lengthwise 3/4 of way through each fish fillet.
- Place 1/6th of the stuffing into each slit on the fillet.
- Gently place each stuffed fillet on oilded baking sheet.
- Lightly sprinkle additional dill weed on the tops.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until fish flakes easily.