Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 mins
yes, they really do taste like crab cakes..another way to use the abundance of zucchini...serve with lemon wedges and tartar sauce
- 2 cups zucchini, coarsely grated
- 2 tablespoons onions, grated
- 2 tablespoons celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- press zucchini in a length of cheesecloth to remove as much moisture as possible --
- combine with next 7 ingredients.
- Lightly fold in bread crumbs.
- gently form into patties that are 3" in diameter and 1" thick --
- melt butter in skillet; fry patties over medium heat until golden on both sides.
- serve with lemon wedges and tartar sauce.
Yummy and healthy! What's not to like? Even fooled my Cheetos lovin' husband into eating his veggies. I used dried bread crumbs
and the texture was perfect. I'm from Maryland so I'm hard to fool when it comes to crab cakes. Not JUST like a crab cake, but yummy good.
These were delicious. Much better than other similar recipes I've tried. It didn't work well when I doubled the batch though (became doughy) so when I double it again I would use only 3 c. of bread crumbs and reduce the Old Bay to 1 1/2 tsp. Terrific as written though.
Ive made these before, but used flower instead of bread crumbs. They are delicious, but very messy!!! My whole entire family love them.