Recipe by grandma2969
yes, they really do taste like crab cakes..another way to use the abundance of zucchini...serve with lemon wedges and tartar sauce
Top Review by Psalmsome
Yummy and healthy! What's not to like? Even fooled my Cheetos lovin' husband into eating his veggies. I used dried bread crumbs
and the texture was perfect. I'm from Maryland so I'm hard to fool when it comes to crab cakes. Not JUST like a crab cake, but yummy good.
- 2 cups zucchini, coarsely grated
- 2 tablespoons onions, grated
- 2 tablespoons celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- press zucchini in a length of cheesecloth to remove as much moisture as possible --
- combine with next 7 ingredients.
- Lightly fold in bread crumbs.
- gently form into patties that are 3" in diameter and 1" thick --
- melt butter in skillet; fry patties over medium heat until golden on both sides.
- serve with lemon wedges and tartar sauce.