Few would know this pie is not coconut. I found the recipe in a community newspaper when vacationing in a very rural area of West Virginia about twenty years ago.
- Set oven 350.
- With two forks, scoop squash from shell and set aside (you want approximately 3 cups).
- In large mixing bowl combine eggs, sugar, butter, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Whisk well.
- Stir in spaghetti squash.
- Pour into prebaked pie shell and sprinkle with nutmeg or cinnamon if desired.
- Bake 40-45 minutes until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on rack.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Store, covered, in the refrigerator.