Recipe by JoAnn
My kids grew up eating this and absolutely love it. They are now serving it to their own families. It's one of my "comfort foods".
Top Review by ed1
My family really liked this dish. I would suggest that the chow mein noodles be added after cooking as they tend to be soggy when reheated (microwave). My 12 year old daughter really loved this dish.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bag chow mein noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ground beef until brown.
- Add onion and celery, cook until almost tender.
- Add remaining ingredients except chow mein noodles.
- Put into a two quart casserole dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for one hour and fifteen minutes.
- Uncover and layer with chow mein noodles.
- Return to oven, uncovered and bake until noodles are brown, about 15 minutes.