Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe was given to me by my mother. The kids enjoy it, and it is perfect for serving on crusty bread.The cook time is including the chill time.
- Bring chicken broth and lentils to a boil in large pan.
- Cover and reduce heat to simmer.
- Stir occasionally for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Drain if necessary.
- Saute chopped onions in hot vegetable oil over heat for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Process 1/3 of lentils, 1/3 of onions and 1/3 of walnuts in food processor in 3 batches until mixed smooth.
- Stir mix with salt and pepper.
- Line a 3 cup mold with plastic wrap.
- Put mixture in mold.
- Chill for 8 hours, unmold onto baby leaf lettuce.
- Garnish with green onions and serve on crackers and celery sticks.