9 hrs 10 mins
annie chambers's Note:
This recipe was given to me by my mother. The kids enjoy it, and it is perfect for serving on crusty bread.The cook time is including the chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring chicken broth and lentils to a boil in large pan.
- 2Cover and reduce heat to simmer.
- 3Stir occasionally for 30 minutes or until tender.
- 4Drain if necessary.
- 5Saute chopped onions in hot vegetable oil over heat for 5 minutes or until tender.
- 6Process 1/3 of lentils, 1/3 of onions and 1/3 of walnuts in food processor in 3 batches until mixed smooth.
- 7Stir mix with salt and pepper.
- 8Line a 3 cup mold with plastic wrap.
- 9Put mixture in mold.
- 10Chill for 8 hours, unmold onto baby leaf lettuce.
- 11Garnish with green onions and serve on crackers and celery sticks.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mock Chopped " Liver " ( Lentils )
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 422.2
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 531.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.0 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 19.5 g